Peanut Cactus – Echinopsis chamaecereus
Light: Light is an important limiting factor for its flowering. During cultivation, the plant should receive at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. It prefers full sunlight, which helps it to differentiate its flower buds, especially in winter and spring, and should not be placed in a shaded place peanut cactus for sale . Otherwise the plant will not grow to bloom buy echinopsis chamaecereus cactus plant online .
Water: In summer and autumn, the water supply should be sufficient, because this is the most vigorous stage of growth. To ensure that the plant blooms on time, water control should be carried out in the winter, at intervals of 2-3 weeks, and not too much water each time. Do not supply as much water at this stage as you would in summer and autumn, otherwise its flower bud differentiation will not proceed smoothly peanut cactus for sale . They need bright sunlight, great drainage, and infrequent water to prevent rot.
Soil: Sandy loam soil is preferred as the cultivation substrate. It has a strong drought tolerance, so you don’t need to water it on time. it’s okay to water it after the potting soil is completely dry peanut cactus for sale .
Potting: It is recommended to use ceramic pots. Ceramic pots have a certain degree of permeability. Clay pots lose water too quickly, plastic pots tend to retain water for too long and permeability is poor.
Temperature: Between 32- 45 °F ( 0-7 °C) are ideal. Winter off the main long suitable temperature 59- 77°F (15-25 ℃), a short period of time can withstand 32°F (0 ℃) low temperature peanut cactus for sale .
Humidity: Thrives at average household humidity and temperature; however, avoid planting it in excessively humid areas of the house, such as the bathroom peanut cactus for sale .
Shipping & Handling
- The 2 Inch Echinopsis chamaecereus Peanut Cactus plants are shipped with the pot and soil
- The 4 Inch and larger plants are shipped bare roots without the pot and soil:
- We commit to shipping bare roots, which requires more time and labor, and provide excellent quality and service to our customers – see Benefits of Shipping Bare Roots
- You will receive a very similar plant to the one shown in the photos; shape and color may vary
- Ship within USA & its outlying territories only
Please visit our Succulent Care info page for more details.
To ensure the health of succulents, it is important to plant them in porous, well-draining soil. Succulents require little watering, but don’t like to sit in wet soil. To create an adequate cactus mix, simply add pumice, perlite, or grit to cactus soil to provide the proper drainage peanut cactus for sale .
Make sure to leave drought periods between waterings to prevent the plant from water-logging.
|Expected Blooming Period||Winter, Summer, Spring|
|Sunlight Exposure||Full Sun, Partial Shade|
|Unit Count||1 Count|
- Peanut Cactus, an attractive succulent that has many finger-like stems that grows up to 6 inches tall and 2/3 inches in diameter. It has apple-green to greenish-yellow in color, and blooms with large, orange to red flowers in late spring, and has short, bristly spines that are relatively gentle to the touch. Each package contains one healthy 2/4 inches Peanut Cactus that will be carefully wrapped and shipped in a sturdy box to guarantee its safe arrival.
- Light | Full sun. but might need partial shade in hot, dry summer.
- Soil | Porous and well-draining potting mix.
- Water | Water deeply only when soil is dry and let it drain completely. Reduce watering during winter.
- Their low-growing nature and flowers in bright orange or red color makes them popular as an indoor houseplant. It is best when they are planted in a container when adding them to any garden, as they tend to get lost when placed in the landscape due to its small size.
Echinopsis chamaecereus is a species of cactus from Argentina. Synonyms include Chamaecereus silvestrii and Lobivia silvestrii.
E. chamaecereus has long stems about 1 cm across. Orange flowers up to 4 cm wide appear in late spring. In cultivation, E. chamaecereus is hardy to temperatures as low as −7 °C (19 °F) if kept dry.
Perfect cactus for miniature and Fairy gardens.